The College Success Project provides 1-on-1 support to help graduates of the EVkids Tutoring and Camp programs earn their degree and go on to careers they love.
The College Success Project is looking for EVkids alumni to be mentors to former tutees and campers entering college this year. As a tutor, you helped your tutee navigate challenges and reach their goals. The need for support doesn't end at high school graduation.
College Success Mentors will:
- Meet with their mentees monthly (either virtually or in person)
- Share your college experience and skills learned
- Provide guidance on time management, finding friends, and taking college level courses
You can be part of that guidance by becoming a College Success Mentor!
Nationally and locally, students of color and students from low-income secondary schools graduate college at significantly lower rates than their peers. The EVkids College Success Project is a response to this alarming fact. All students have the ability to achieve their full academic and personal potential — they just need the opportunity and the guidance.
As part of the EVkids Tutoring Program, the College Success Project
- Assists high school students, college students, and their families, with college and scholarship research, standardized test preparation, and college applications.
- Coordinates college visits for high school students.
- Matches college students 1-on-1 with a trained and supported College Success Mentor.
- Connects college students to support programs and resources both on- and off- campus.